This job will be focused on creating the digital assets used by the LEX to market and communicate regarding the 163rd Lindsay Exhibition, an agricultural fair attended by approximately 45,000 people annually. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- assisting in the creation of the LEX’s key marketing messages
- assisting in the creation of the marketing materials for the LEX (brochures, posters, newspaper and radio advertising, online marketing)
- creating and editing content on the LEX website
- assisting in the creation and monitoring of the LEX’s online marketing campaigns
- monitoring and posting content on the LEX’s social media accounts
- digitizing the LEX’s collection of historical photos, slides, and memorabilia
- other tasks as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in full-time study at a recognized post-secondary institution and returning to full-time study in the fall of 2017 and meet the eligibility requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
- Student should be studying web design, digital design and marketing, or a related field.
- Student must have a proven ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite in a MS Windows environment
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software is required
- Familiarity with WordPress is an asset, as is familiarity with the Divi theme from Elegant Themes
- Good written and oral communication skills are necessary
- Good organizational ability and ability to pay attention to detail are essential
- Must be able to work with a variety of people and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
Please forward cover letter and resume to Meghan at – firstname.lastname@example.org . PLEASE quote Job Title and Job Posting number in subject line of email. (Emails’ not containing this will not be opened) While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to bring a portfolio of their work.
View the VCCS job listing for more details.